Common Support Issues
- "Complete" Office installation
- Administrative Rights
- Correct OS with correct SP level
- Correct Office Versions
- Internet Connection Minimum requirement
- Pop-up blockers
- Restoring Software
- Outlook Accounts.
- Other testing software.
- Local settings.
- .Net 3.5 installed.
- Browser Lockdown Configuration
- "Complete" Office installation: A "complete" installation of Office Professional (32-bit only) is necessary for MOS 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013 testing. If "complete" was not selected during the initial install, go to Control Panel, click on Add or Remove Programs (Win XP), or Programs and Features (Win Vista/7/8). Click on the line-item for Office and select "Change". Choose "Add or remove features" and continue. If any boxes are gray it indicates that you do not have a complete installation of Office and must select "Run all from my computer" from the top gray box to be compliant. Click here for detailed instructions.
- Administrative Rights: Due to the access that our exam delivery software requires, full Windows Admin privileges are required to both install and deliver exams using the iQsystem 7 and Console 8 software. Additionally, no group and/or local policies that may restrict the software are allowed to be in place during testing (e.g. restrictions on registry access, local read/write access, internet/proxy access, etc.). For iQsystem 7, a blanket program called Certiport Console is available for centers in which full admin rights may be an issue. Certiport Console acts as a front-end to iQsystem 7 by storing the Windows Admin credentials and only calling on them when the software is accessed, which allows iQsystem to run under a limited Windows user account. For Console 8 users the same access is required, but the Admin proxy ability is built into the software as opposed to a separately installed feature. Click here for more information about Certiport Console for iQsystem 7.
- RAM: Centers running legacy IC3 or MOS 2003 exams through iQsystem 7 are only required to have a minimum of 515MB of RAM. Centers running MOS 2007 or 2010 exams through iQsystem 7 must have a minimum of 1GB or RAM. Centers running MOS 2013 through Console 8 must have a minimum of 2GB of RAM. Centers administering exams through our online delivery must have 1GB of RAM.
- Correct OS with correct SP level: Centers must use the Professional versions of our supported Operating Systems. We do not support Home, Student, trial, or other versions. You must also check the current service pack level and ensure you are up to date. Windows XP needs to be at SP3, Windows Vista at SP2, and Windows 7 at SP1. The operating system, Office Suite and iQsystem version MUST all be installed in the same language.
- Correct Office Versions: Centers must have the Professional or Business version of the Office Suite if administering the MOS exams. We support Office 2003 – 2013. Office 2003 should have service pack 4 and office 2007 needs to have service pack 3.
- Internet Connection Minimum requirement: Centers must be able to maintain at least 256 kbps connectivity per concurrent candidate testing.
- Firewall/Proxy: We recommend that centers do not go through a firewall, proxy server or IP filter during testing. If these devices are required, please refer to the following list of critical items that must be considered when configuring internet access:
- The domain certiport.com needs to be accessible.
- The following IP addresses
- 188.8.131.52 www.certiport.com
- 184.108.40.206 certprep.certiport.com
- 220.127.116.11 iQc.certiport.com
- 18.104.22.168 info.certiport.com
- 22.214.171.124 Digital Literacy
- 126.96.36.199 MySpeed
- 188.8.131.52 Certiport Terminal Server
- 184.108.40.206 Certiport Terminal Server
- 220.127.116.11 Certiport FTP
- 18.104.22.168 Certiport FTP
- A white screen when the exam attempts to start.
- The tutorial loads and works but some or all of the exam content does not load
- Questions start loading but never complete
All need to have full access through ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 need access through port 21 TCP
HTTP redirects needs to be permitted (these are all completed within the certiport.com domain).
BrowserLockdown3.exe is started by the ActiveX control when Lockdown is engaged at the beginning of an exam. If the Testing Center's security software (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.) is not configured to allow this program the same rights as Internet Explorer to access the internet, you may experience:
Note: If the internet is accessed through an authenticating proxy server and the system is not configured to automatically pass credentials to it, you will experience the symptoms listed above.
Security configurations should be changed so that full access to the internet is given to BrowserLockdown2.exe — usually by the IT department or personnel due to access rights.
Browser Lockdown 3 is required for all Certiport Online Exams. If this has not been installed prior to launching an exam, you will be prompted to do so. An Active X bar will appear at the top of your screen on the Proctor Authorization page. Click on the ActiveX bar and select Install. For more information, click here.