Common Support Issues
- "Complete" Office installation
- Administrative Rights
- Correct OS with correct SP level
- Correct Office Versions
- Internet Connection Minimum requirement
- Pop-up blockers
- Restoring Software
- Outlook Accounts.
- Other testing software.
- Local settings.
- .Net 3.5 installed.
- Browser Lockdown Configuration
- "Complete" Office installation. A "Complete" installation of Office Professional is necessary for MOS testing. If "Complete" was not selected at installation, go to Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs. Click on Office and select "Change". Choose "Add or remove features" and continue. If any boxes are grey you do not have a complete install and must select "Run all from my computer" then update. Full instructions here. iQtools Diagnostics provides current setup information.
- Administrative Rights. Certiport Console is a front-end to Certiport's iQsystem exam delivery system. Using Certiport Console allows iQsystem to run in a standard user Windows account. This includes all functionality of iQsystem—test candidates taking exams, administrators using iQsystem tools, and performing software updates for iQsystem and the exams. - Click here for more information about Certiport Console.
- RAM. Centers that are running any exams except Office 2007 and 2010 only need 512 MB of RAM, but centers that want to test Office 2007 and Office 2010 applications need to have 1 gig.
- Correct OS with correct SP level. Centers must use the professional version of the Operating System. We do not work with home or other versions. You should also check the service pack level and ensure you are up to date. Windows XP needs to be at service pack 3. The operating system, Office suite and iQsystem version MUST be the same language.
- Correct Office Versions. Centers must have the Professional or Business version of Office suite if running the MOS exams. We support Office 2003 – 2010. Office 2003 should have service pack 4 and office 2007 needs to have service pack 3.
- Internet Connection Minimum requirement. Centers must be able to maintain at least 256 kbps connectivity to each machine during testing.
- Firewall/Proxy. We recommend that centers do not go through a firewall or proxy, but if one is required, please refer to the following list of critical items that must be considered when configuring a proxy server or firewall:
- The domain certiport.com needs to be accessible.
- The following IP addresses
- 22.214.171.124 www.certiport.com
- 126.96.36.199 certprep.certiport.com
- 188.8.131.52 iQc.certiport.com
- 184.108.40.206 info.certiport.com
- 220.127.116.11 Digital Literacy
- 18.104.22.168 MySpeed
- 22.214.171.124 Certiport Terminal Server
- 126.96.36.199 Certiport Terminal Server
- 188.8.131.52 Certiport FTP
- 184.108.40.206 Certiport FTP
- A white screen when the exam attempts to start.
- The tutorial loads and works but some or all of the exam content does not load
- Questions start loading but never complete
All need to have full access through ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 need access through port 21 TCP
HTTP redirects needs to be permitted (these are all completed within the certiport.com domain).
BrowserLockdown2.exe is started by the ActiveX control when Lockdown is engaged at the beginning of an exam. If the Testing Center's security software (firewall, antivirus, anti-spyware, etc.) is not configured to allow this program the same rights as Internet Explorer to access the internet, you may experience:
Note:If the internet is accessed through an authenticating proxy server and the system is not configured to automatically pass credentials to it, you will experience the symptoms listed above.
Security configurations should be changed so that full access to the internet is given to BrowserLockdown2.exe — usually by the IT department or personnel due to access rights.
A quick installation of Certiport Browser Lockdown 2 is required for all Certiport Online Exams. If this has not been installed prior to launching an exam, you will be prompted to do so. An ActiveX bar will appear at the top of your screen on the Proctor Authorization page. Click on the ActiveX bar and select Install. For more information, click here.