Certiport Fast Facts: Leading Provider of Value-Added Test Delivery Services for the Global Workforce and Academic Markets.
Certiport®, a Pearson VUE business, prepares individuals with current and relevant digital skills and credentials for the competitive global workforce. These solutions are delivered by more than 12,000 Certiport Centers worldwide and include the official Microsoft Office certification program, the Microsoft Technology Associate certification program, the Adobe® Certified Associate certification program, the Adobe® Certified Expert program, the Autodesk® Certified User certification program, the Intuit® QuickBooks Certified User certification program and the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification.
- Certiport delivers exams in 148 countries and 27 languages.
- Roughly 175,000 exams are administered monthly through a network of more than 12,000 Certiport Authorized Testing Centers worldwide.
- Certiport works with more than 400 Subject Matter Experts in 20 countries to ensure exam objectives are consistent with market needs.
- Microsoft® Office Specialist—the official certification program for Microsoft Office—was created and launched by Certiport in 1997.
- Certiport IC³®—the world's premier performance-based digital literacy certification—was launched in 2002.
- Certiport became the Microsoft launch partner for the Microsoft Business Certification program in January 2007, which houses the latest standards for the official 2007 Microsoft Office certifications.
- Adobe partnered with Certiport to launch Adobe® Certified Associate—the leading certification for validating entry-level digital communications skills—in June 2007 into educational markets around the world.
- Certiport expanded its programs to introduce a pathway of learning solutions leading to certification, beginning with Certiprep for Microsoft Office Certification in 2005 and Internet & Computing Benchmark™ / Internet & Computing Mentor™ in 2006.
- Since 2002, over 750,000 students have participated in both the Certiport Worldwide Competition on Microsoft Office and the IC³ World Cup competitions.
- In July 2010, Certiport introduced the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification program to the global academic market; a landmark certification that validates students' fundamental IT and software development knowledge and serves as a stepping stone to advanced technology level certifications.
- In 2011 Certiport expanded its certification portfolio to include industry verticals by introducing the Autodesk® Certified User certification program and Intuit® QuickBooks Certified User exam.
- Certiport acquired MeasureUp LLC, the global leader in IT practice tests and assessment services, in order to offer a full range of solutions to support the entire certification lifecycle including study materials, practice exams, and certifications.
- In May 2012 Pearson VUE, the computer-based testing arm of Pearson, acquired Certiport. Certiport continues to operate independently and deliver on the company's partner-focused business plan, with oversight from Pearson VUE.
How many exams does Certiport administer in a given period?
To date, Certiport has delivered more than 10 million exams worldwide. The company's accelerated growth led to surpassing 3 million exams delivered in a single calendar year to reach the 5-million-exam milestone in February 2007 and the 10-million-exam milestone in June 2011. Currently, Certiport administers 5,750 exams per day on average, which equals:
- 240 exams administered every hour
- one exam delivered somewhere in the world every 15 seconds
What are the top five languages for Certiport's certification exams?
Out of the 25 available languages in which Certiport provides certification exams, the most popular (in order) are:
©2014 Certiport, Inc. Certiport and logo Reg. T.M., Certiport, Inc. Microsoft Reg. T.M., Microsoft Corp. Adobe Reg. T.M., Adobe Systems, Inc. IC³ and design Reg. T.M., Certiport, Inc. iCritical Thinking and design T.M., Strata and design T.M., CompTIA and logo Reg. T.M., CompTIA.