MTA Qualified Educational Institution
Academic Customer Definition
Microsoft eligible education customers may be located or reside in the United States or internationally. Qualified educational users are those entities that have an educational purpose or mission and meet the criteria specified below. If a dispute exists as to an organization's eligibility, Microsoft will determine in its sole discretion the eligibility of the organization for the specific transaction in question. The following are eligible to acquire Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) products in the program indicated and may be defined as qualified academic users:
- Educational Institutions: Defined as an accredited institution organized and operated for the purpose of teaching its enrolled students.
- A public or private K-12 vocational school, correspondence school, junior college, college, university, or scientific or technical school.
- Administrative Offices or Boards of Education: Defined as (a) district, regional and state administrative offices of public educational institutions, (b) administrative entities organized and operated exclusively for the administration of private education institutions, (c) other state or local government entities nearly all of whose activities consist of administrative support, of a nature that advances academic learning.
- Full or Part Time Faculty and Staff: Defined as full and part time faculty and staff of educational institutions.
- Full and Part Time Enrolled Students: Defined as full and part time enrolled students of educational institutions.
- Home School Program: Defined as a home-schooling program which provides K12 education to a student or students and which is able to provide written proof that it either (a) belongs to a nationally recognized home-schooling organization, or (b) is expressly recognized by a local school district as an acceptable alternative to an accredited or state-recognized/approved educational institution.
Special note regarding other Government Agencies, Hospitals, Healthcare Systems, and Research Laboratories: Certain Government Agencies, Hospitals, Healthcare Systems, and Research Laboratories may be eligible to acquire MTA products if they manage and operate a qualified educational institution on behave of students or staff as defined above in sections 1 and 2.