For additional policies please refer to our exam policies home page.
- Voucher prices may vary by CATC (Certiport Authorized Testing Center).
- Proctor and/or other Testing Center fees may apply. Ensure you have discussed all applicable fees with the Testing Center prior to sitting for the exam.
- CATCs handle the scheduling of all exams. Please contact your desired Testing Center to schedule your exam.
- All Certiport exam programs are not necessarily available at every CATC. Ensure your chosen Testing Center is set up and prepared to deliver your desired exam prior to scheduling.
- Once you have purchased your voucher you may assign it to yourself (see assignment of vouchers section below) which prevents the voucher from being redeemed by anyone other than the Test Candidate to whom it was assigned.
- All vouchers must be used prior to their expiration dates (in CST), without exception, and cannot be extended for any reason.
- Each alpha-numeric code may be used to take one exam. Once the exam begins, the voucher becomes void and cannot be reused or reassigned.
- A voucher is not valid if altered or revised in any way and cannot be redeemed for cash, credit, or refund.
- Some vouchers are also available with a retake option. Vouchers with retakes are sold separately, and retake codes alone do not exist for purchase. See next section for retake voucher specific policies.
Retake Voucher Policies
- Retake Voucher policies are in addition to all applicable Voucher policies listed in the previous section.
- A retake voucher code will only be issued if you have purchased an "exam voucher with retake" product.
- Retake voucher codes will only be issued if you fail the exam. If you pass the exam, a retake voucher code will not be generated or issued.
- Retake voucher codes are generated within 24 hours of failing the exam, and cannot be rush processed for any reason.
- A retake voucher code will be sent to the email address on your Certiport account in addition to automatically being assigned to your Test Candidate profile. It will automatically be available to select from within the payment method window when you retake the test.
- The original code purchased (or the generated retake code), once redeemed, will not work for additional testing.
- The retake voucher code can only be redeemed for the exact same exam that was administered in the first failed attempt. You cannot take a different exam with a retake voucher code.
- The retake voucher code will expire (in CST) a set number of days after the code is generated, and the window to redeem a retake code varies by program (see below). This will be a different expiration date than the original voucher code redeemed for the initial exam attempt. Expiration dates on retake codes cannot be extended for any reason.
- MOS: 30 Days
- MTA: 30 Days
- MCE: 30 Days
- QBCU: 30 Days
- ACA: 60 Days
- ACE: 60 Days
- ACP: 60 Days
- ACU: 60 Days
- IC3: 60 Days
- ESB: 30 Days
- Test Candidates should be encouraged to redeem their vouchers, or sit for a retake, well before the expiration date if possible. All vouchers and retake vouchers expire at 11:59:59 P.M. CST on the day of the expiration date.
- Once a Test Candidate has obtained a voucher, they should assign it to themselves immediately.
- Ensure you are in possession of a voucher prior to sitting for an exam. If a Test Candidate has not assigned it to themselves they should write or print out the code and bring it with them in to the testing room.
Purchasing an Exam Voucher
For Test Candidates within the U.S., please contact the Certiport Authorized Testing Center (CATC) before purchasing a voucher to ensure you are aware of their policies. If the CATC instructs you to obtain your own voucher, you may purchase a voucher by following these instructions:
- Start by registering as a Test Candidate at www.certiport.com.
- Once registered, you'll be directed to the My Certiport landing page.
- From the My Certiport (home page of the Test Candidate role) you can access the Certiport Shop Site by mousing over the Take an Exam button and clicking on the drop-down for Purchase Exam, or by using the link provided here.
For Test Candidates outside the U.S. please contact the CATC directly for pricing. For first-time buyers, please contact the nearest Solution Provider in your area by using our Locator tool.
Viewing an Exam Voucher
As a Test Candidate:
- Navigate to www.certiport.com and log in (change your role to "Test Candidate" in the drop-down at the top of the page if you have multiple assigned roles).
- Purchased exam vouchers are listed underneath the My Exams section.
Note: Exam vouchers should be assigned to a Test Candidate to avoid potential fraudulent redemption. Assigning a voucher can also save time by not having to enter the code during the exam launch process.
As a CATC:
- Navigate to www.certiport.com and log in.
- Select the Organization Administrator role from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Mouse over the My Certiport tab, and click on the drop-down for Vouchers.
Redeeming an Exam Voucher
Please take note of all exam administration policies found here. The exam must be taken at a Certiport Authorized Testing Center (CATC). Please contact your desired CATC to schedule your exam and to ensure they are set up to administer it. Follow these instructions to take the exam:
- The testing center should verify your identity upon arrival, or at some point prior to actually sitting for the exam.
- The testing center proctor will launch the Certiport exam delivery software.
- If you have not previously registered with Certiport, click the Register button next to "New User" within the software and follow the instructions to create a new account. Once registered, you will enter your Certiport Username and Password into the exam delivery software to begin the process. It is recommended that you create your profile at www.certiport.com and have your Username and Password ready prior to sitting for the exam.
- Once the exam has been selected, choose Payment Method on the confirmation page and enter your voucher number. If you have assigned a voucher to yourself, then this field will auto-populate.
- The proctor will verify that you have chosen the correct exam and that your voucher is valid.
- The proctor will enter their Username and Password.
- You are now ready to take your exam. The software will run you through a brief tutorial about how to navigate the features of the exam prior to the actual exam timer beginning.
If you pass the exam, you will receive a score report and a sectional analysis that can be printed at the testing center. You will also receive an email notification and instructions on accessing your digital transcript. An official certificate will be mailed to the address specified in your personal profile if the certification program is fulfilled by Certiport. If you are taking an MTA exam, fulfillment is handled by Microsoft and any issues regarding fulfillment must be resolved by contacting them directly.
If you fail the exam and your voucher included a retake, the retake code will automatically populate in the payment method field when you go to retake the test (as soon as the retake code has been generated). Retake vouchers expire 30 days after the first exam date. See the section above for all policies related to retake vouchers.
Assigning an Exam Voucher
Once you have a voucher, you may assign it to yourself. While not a requirement, doing so secures the voucher from being redeemed fraudulently, but will also make it so that the voucher can be automatically selected from the payment method window from within the exam delivery software.
- Log in to your Test Candidate Account at www.certiport.com.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter your voucher code into the field and click on Assign Voucher or License To Me. Once the voucher is assigned, the Test Candidate will be the only user who can redeem it.
Back to top